More than 30 years of research has proven that children and schools perform better when parents are involved in education at home and at school:
- Kids have higher grades and test scores.
- Kids have better social skills and behavior.
- School quality improves.
- Teacher morale increases.
Parents benefit too!
Joining the HSA and volunteering:
- Is a great way to get to know teachers & the school.
- Allows you to influence over how fundraising dollars are spent.
- Connects you to parents who, like you, are committed to your school.
Finally, your membership fees help support school programs and events!
Ever wonder where your $20 goes?
Rolling Hills Home & School funds programs and events that are not funded by the district. Here are just a few of the ways Home & School impacts our students...
- Technology (Chrome Books and Carts, iPads, Microphones for Broadcast Club, Portable Sound System for Auditorium)
- Geo Bee
- Science Fair
- Field Day
- Trunk and Treat
- Playground Equipment
- Assignments Books and Folders
- Young Author Visits
- Art Mobile
- Beautification Club
- Class Trips
- Other special assemblies
Every student in the school benefits
Our membership drive is our biggest fundraiser of the year and without your support these opportunities would not be possible.
HOW TO JOIN
Membership fees are only $20.00 per family. Members are provided access to our online school directory.
Our goal is 100% membership which means we have the same number of members as we have families.
We encourage all families to join.
Membership does not require you to volunteer at the school.
Home & School MEETINGS
Rolling Hills Home & School Association meets the 2nd Tuesday (unless otherwise publicized) of every month in the school library.
We encourage all parents to join us, and bring new ideas and suggestions to the group.
- October 15
- November 12
- December 17
- January 14
- February 11
- March 10
- April 14
- May 19
For more information on RHE HSA membership, contact Jen Ruffenach, VP Membership.